School Hours, Drop-Off & Pickup
School day hours: 8:40 a.m. – 3:05 p.m.
General Transportation Information:
Please allow 10 minutes before and after your scheduled bus pick up time to allow for bus routes to become complete. Any questions about bus times need to be directed to P-H-M Department of Transportation at (574) 258-9565.
Because your child’s safety is the highest priority for us, we use a number system for families of students who are regular car riders at dismissal time. This allows for students to be supervised in the classrooms until you are ready for pick up.
You will receive two Moran Elementary numbered car tags per family (this allows for two drivers to have a tag). Students will also have a tag attached to their backpack so we can match numbers Please have the driver who is transporting your child display the card in a spot that is easily viewable by the adult(s) at dismissal duty. The adult on duty will read your vehicle number and notify staff that your child(ren) may exit the building.
NOTE: If you find you need someone else to pick up your child, you can photograph your number card and share it with that person. If that person can show us the photo on their phone, we will consider it your permission to dismiss your child to that individual. All persons picking up students must be listed on the student’s Emergency Card AND have the transportation number card or a photo of the card.
- Arrival begins at 8:25 a.m. (the tardy bell rings at 8:40 a.m.). Please do not drop off your child before a staff member signals you to do so.
- For arrival, car riders are ALL dropped off in the back circle.
- Please do not block access to the far parking lot while in the car rider line.
- Staff members will wave you forward and let you know when to stop. This allows for several vehicles to drop off at the same time.
- We will release students only from cars at the curb.
- For their safety, students should exit the car from the passenger side only.
- Please do not pass cars in the parking lot. At all times, stay in line along the curb.
- If arriving after the tardy bell, students must be escorted into the main entrance by an adult and signed in.
- Car tags are not needed for arrival.
- Dismissal begins at 3:00 p.m.
- Students in grades K-1 (and their siblings) are picked up in the back circle.
- Students in grades 2-5 are picked up at the front of the building after buses dismiss.
- Please do not block access to the parking lot while in the car rider line.
- Display your transportation number card so that it is easily viewable. If you do not have a number displayed, staff will ask to see a picture of the tag.
- Staff members will wave you forward and let you know when to stop. This allows for several vehicles to pick up at the same time.
- For their safety, students should enter the car from the passenger side.
Please keep the following important safety tips in mind:
- Please do not exit your vehicle in the pick up line. If you need to exit your car, please use a parking spot.
- To keep everyone safe, DO NOT pass the car in front of you unless directed to do so by a staff member.
- Finally, please do not talk on your cell phone during this time.
Thank you for helping keep our children safe!